According to GitHub, my first post on this blog was published 10 years ago tomorrow!
Rachel and I had just quit our jobs and sublet our apartment. We had $10,000 in the bank and were about to embark on a three month trip to Europe with no plans for where life would go after that. During that time, I realized that when I gave my brain space, it navigates towards coding, writing, and photography. Since then, this blog has been my small piece of the Internet where I get to play with all three.
Here's a few of the posts that I'm most proud of over the last ten years:
- Delayed Bonding. My one unsolicited piece of advice for soon-to-be dads.
- My First Marathon. Also, my only marathon!
- Depression. Mental health advocacy will likely be the most impactful thing I do in my career.
- Reggie's Desk. A favorite of the blog's current iteration, where photos are first-class citizens.
- I am a Christian and I Support Gay Marriage. Proud to have written this in 2012, given where I come from and where I was at with church.
- Programming on the TRS-80. Captured what got me into coding, coupled with a strong GIF game.
- Why We're Leaving Chicago and Moving to New York. Has nudged more than one person to relocate to the five boroughs.
- A Review of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? May be the pinnacle of my writing career, but you should read it in its original form as an Amazon review, which 408 people have found helpful.